Sunday 28 January 2018

Bungee jumping: an unforgettable experience


Image result for bungee jumping

By Geraldine Gómez (Social Communication)

Bungee jumping is an activity that involves jumping from a tall structure while connected to a long elastic cord. The tall structure is usually a fixed object, such as a building, bridge or crane; but it is also possible to jump from a movable object, such as a hot air balloon or helicopter.

Nevertheless, this is an activity that can be very risky depending on the place where you do it, so you must be responsible and know how to do it, taking into account that you need to be safe and have the right training.

In 2015 my family and I had the opportunity to have this great experience of an extreme sport in a small town called San Gil, Santander, which is a well-known place for these activities.

I remember that I felt really nervous and at the same time excited because since I was a little girl I’ve been afraid of heights and I wanted to overcome one of my greatest fears.

When I was ready to jump, the instructor placed onto me bungee equipment. We went up to the crane approximately 70 meters high: there was no turning back!

When we were up there, it was time to jump.  I looked down and the instructor screamed 3 – 2 – 1 bungee! And finally I jumped! It was one of the best sensations of my life. I felt an emptiness in my stomach and so much adrenaline, then I decided to just enjoy it.

During the jump the elastic cord that holds the person moves up and down and goes in different directions. During that time the best way to enjoy this, is to open your arms, relax and let the body just fly.

After the body passes through a feeling of emptiness, finally it comes to rest and that is when the instructor proceeds to lower the person.

Definitely extreme sports help us to break through many of the fears that we've had since our childhood. They make us change our routines, try new things and have a great experience with our friends or family.

Undoubtedly it is something that I would repeat over and over again. These are small things that you need to enjoy and have extraordinary moments in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment