Monday 11 May 2015

If I Stay

By Larissa Tovar (undergraduate Tourism & Hotel Management student, level 4 English)

If I Stay is a drama movie, which is based on a novel written by Gayle Forman and was directed by R.J. Cutler. In the cast, you can see as the stars of the film ChloĆ« Grace Moretz and Jamie Blackley, as well as Mireille Enos, Liana Liberato and Lauren Lee Smith. This film’s premiere was on August 22nd, 2014, in the United States. It was nominated for a People’s Choice Award.

ChloĆ« Grace Moretz plays a student called Mia Hall, who is 17 years old and loves to play the cello. She lives with her parents and her little brother. Jamie Blackley plays Adam, who is Mia’s boyfriend, and they both live in Portland, Oregon. Adam is a rock star and he always needs to travel around the USA with his band.

In the movie, Mia competes to study playing cello at Juilliard, but if she goes to study there she will need to leave her family, her friends, and her boyfriend. One day, a snow storm invades Portland and all the schools close so Mia’s family decides to go on a short vacation. During this trip in just a few seconds their lives change forever, and now Mia has to decide if she wants to stay in this world or go away.


I think that this movie has a really good plot because it is a romantic story, and so many interesting things happen between the couple, and with Mia’s family. I learnt about family unity and romantic love from this film, but I also entertained myself watching it. I recommend this film, because maybe your thoughts about family and love will change in a positive way, and because it’s my favourite movie, I will always recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment