By María Fernanda Bonilla Pedraza (undergraduate Hotel Management student, level 4 English)
Dreams are a mental state, but you probably don’t know about the mysteries surrounding it. If you want to learn more about dreams, then you should read the following information.
* When you wake up, you usually forget about 50% of what you dreamt about, and five minutes later, you forget up to 90%
* The people that you see in your dreams are people that you have seen before in your life. For example, a man you saw in a shop could be a killer in your dream.
* You dream every night, but sometimes you don’t remember.
* When you are sleeping, your risk of getting the flu increases slightly.
* We only dream about things we already know.
* The animal that sleeps the least is the horse.
* A blind man can dream, but his dreams involve other senses.
* We spend a third of our lives asleep.
* 12% of people dream in black and white.
* Randy Gardner has the record for the person who was awake for the longest. He was awake for 11 days.
* Pigs and rabbits sleep the same amount of time as humans.