Thursday 1 October 2015

Sense8



By Sergio Almanza Gonzalez
(1st semester undergraduate Social Communication student, level 4 English)

I know that Netflix is very mainstream nowadays but I want to talk about this series that I think is the best thing that I have watched in a long time. Sense8 is great in every way: the series is science-fiction, and it was written by the Wachowski brothers with the help of Michael Straczynski. This series was filmed in so many countries like the USA, England, Germany, Mexico, etc. The stars of the show are 8 great actors called Aml Ameen, Bae Doona, Jamie Clayton, Tena Desae, Tuppence Middleton, Max Riemelt, Miguel Ángel Silvestre and Brian J. Smith.

The main characters are all the “sense 8”: these people have skills: one, for example, is being able to speak with people on the other side of the world only using the mind. The characters have problems in their lives with their families, money, etc, and this makes the plot more interesting. I think that the two most important people are Will and Riley because they have a love story together and together they are the protagonists of the last episode of season one.

The plot is excellent because it tells the story of all the characters very well, and changes perfectly between the different countries, so you won’t get lost ever. I know some series maybe have such complicated stories but this is easy to understand and has some funny parts. The bad part of the plot is that there is a bad guy that has the same power but he wants to catch the others and use them to do bad things. The group has the help of Jonas, who is a guy that belonged to another group and who now wants to protect the new 8.

In my personal opinion I can say that it is the best series on Netflix, because it has all the themes that a series can have, like comedy, science-fiction, romance and suspense. You connect with the characters because the plot describes them all very well and you love them all without exception. I love the German character because he has a really hard life but he is a good person. He helps his friend in the hospital and avenges this same friend. The series talks about a very important topic, which is homosexuality and I can see that in other countries this is very natural but in Colombia it’s still a taboo. I give this series 5 stars and I recommend it so much. I hope you can see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment