Thursday 4 May 2017

La La Land: About the Soundtrack

By Juan Esteban Guzmán Tovar (1st semester FIGRI student, level 4 English)

I went with my best friend to watch La La Land recently. The story was nice, however, the best thing was the music. During the whole movie, we could appreciate “live music”. I mean, they did not record the songs in a studio; they played the songs at the same moment that the scene was being recorded.


I’m pretty sure that you will hear that La La Land makes us remember cinema classics, and it’s true, due to the fact that the actors dance while they are singing.

Ryan Gosling stars in the movie, and he said that he had to take piano classes for 6 hours every day to play the piano songs in the movie.


It’s been a long time since we’ve had a movie with a soundtrack as good as La La Land. It definitely deserved the Oscar award; the music is excellent, and it’s the best soundtrack I’ve ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment