Thursday 4 May 2017

THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!

By Laura Heredia (1st semester Social Communication student, level 4 English)

I want to share an incredible experience that I had on the 10th of September last year!

That day, I went to Flandes, Tolima, and I was ready for the most amazing experience of my life. I was so excited, because it was the first time I was going to try parachuting.

I went with a friend so that I wouldn’t feel lonely. I was with him when I said goodbye to my parents, who were really nervous and even more excited than me!

After about half an hour, the plane was ready. In the plane, there were four of us: the pilot, my friend, the instructor and me.

We had been flying for an hour when the moment to jump arrived. My friend was at the door, so he went first and then it was my turn. We said goodbye to the pilot and we jumped! I felt a lot of adrenaline, and we were in freefall for more or less 1 minute. Before I landed I enjoyed all the views while we did a lot of spins for around 3 minutes. For most of the time, I was watching the camera that the instructor had on his wrist, which was filming everything, from when we were at the airport until we landed. When we arrived to the ground I landed standing up but there are different ways to land, because when I saw my friend, I saw that he had landed sitting down. I asked the instructor and he told me that he thought that I could do it standing up so I felt really good. I felt like a professional!


I really recommend this experience, because I think that it is something that everybody needs to do. It is so emotional and full of adrenaline, that it gives you the energy to do anything – it’s incredible! I would absolutely do it again without thinking twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment